Sunday, February 24, 2013

New Video (link) and Copraphragra (humor)

Ever since the time when I used to watch Dr. Kildare and, eventually, Dr. Marcus Welby, M.D., I felt that I should be entitled to a really ripping relationship with my general practitioner. It's been a long time since that dream was instilled, and as still more line ran out from the reel, managed health care placed limits of time and possibility with which to be part of the medical world village. But that is no reason to let the medical establishment be a bully.

There is a new medication for a nervous rash that I get. The commercial for it shows how to discuss the rash with a primary care person, and I sent for the free DVD that shows all the steps to getting the pills I need.

So naturally I am disappointed about what happened. I described to my physician how I have been getting lesions like a baboons bum. "I am not allowed to prescribe for you Copraphagra. It's not for you. You have liver problems." He says to me, like he wasn't on my team.

I deserved that. That's really fair. I have the least infectious, least pernicious type of hepatitis, and my doctor won't let me take Copraphagra. I also have a problem that would respond perfectly to the new medication.

Dr. Vadawalla reminded me of a debate coach I had in high school, laying out the opposing strategy: the liver could go kerfluey, blood pressure, stones and tsunami of diarrhea could happen. "You don't have to use medication every time you become upset," he said, like the 'impact statements' that twelth grade pedant used to make us trot out in our forensic tournaments.

I had an impact statement of my own for Dr. Vadawalla. "I haven't been able to meditate for over two weeks. Two weeks. And a truly great man, from the very same part of India you come from, says that if you are unable to meditate, you need professional help. I told you weeks ago that I was having this problem, and now I am breaking out in a skin rash. You are a professional. I am asking you for help."

########################################

Sodomy and good cheer.  Gimmicks.  Desperate attempts at achieving scant-earned, shiftless, narissistic fame.What kind of rusticated jerkwater Apalachian Sin City are people tring to run?

All right, it's all good clean healthy marketing, research and development, and the entertainment industry being nursed on this blog like a faun sucking doe teats.

Here's the new look:  The Pink Wig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeM8VBDteoY


 

No comments: