Friday, March 28, 2014

more sleazy fiction

Like most Wednesdays, I was in a bar, telling women I'm Vic the Airline Pilot.   A lot of men help their image with a title.   Ph.D is a kind.   Master's in Semantic Deconstruction will get you a nice cush job somewhere, usually.  Vic is not the sort who needs a Superbowl trophy to fluff my sense of self.   Someone in charge of Pittsburgh tried to steal one.   Had to give it back.   This proves people have to have inner strength, so not to rely on glass status symbols they ripped out of the City County Building.  You can't bust a name like Vic the Airline Pilot on the floor, like any two year old could do with the trophy.

Heck, if Luke R visits the Vatican, like old Gov Corbett just did, they'll have to lock down the papal bowling awards.    Returning to one of my nights in heat, a young women was being coquettish.  "Vic, don't pilots spread social diseases all over creation?"

"I got protection," I said, and I did.  Pack of rubbers was the least of it.   There's most of an adult bookstore in the trunk of my Corvair.

Then she zinged me again, "And how do I know you ain't really some deviant moron with a stupid title, like the IT person at a social service organization."

Well, I've never been that prestigious. Best so far, I was night manager at KFC.  It was a go home and unload the trunk evening for Vic.

No comments: