Thursday, September 25, 2014

Knife Throwing News: the sports crap

Big deal, you might say, but this afternoon I stuck a 20 inch long throwing knife, with a throw from it's wood handle, thirty eight feet.     It stuck nice and firm, parallel to the the ground, protruding from the dead tree I've been using for a target.   It's a fortuitous dead tree, giving it's worm eaten self up for the cause of knife throwing, so it is one venerated motherfucking dead tree in the vacant lot behind the house.

Knife throwing mavens will already know that knife throws are discussed in 'rotations,' and the knife spun at least four times, maybe more, I haven't figured it all out yet.   I picked a flat spot on the hillside the tree bolts up from, over three feet wide, and tested a few throws, and it took only two tries.  Elated at the score, ran to the house, got the tape measure, and had an orgiastic reading.  Thirty eight feet.   Better, there is a flat spot another  twenty or so feet back away from the dead tree, so it will be possible to go for the rarely achieved fifty foot (pluss) throw, with the blade sticking in like a good throwing weapon should.

Will surely post pics and youtubes as new records are set.  For now, the pic below includes, top, the original machete from which the knives are made.  Next knife down is the one I threw 38' this afternoon.   The machete's are excellent steel.  The specialty here, for now, is circus knives.  These knives are made for sport, such as tournaments, and for stunt work and entertainment as how ever people have fun.








Lean Lovings

no reach for my wootsie-tootsie bag
don't attempt to force bruit my bamboo flute
it is not for you
that I am dancing the wootsie-tootsie

here I wait for the bus with my wootsie-tootsie bag
there's the camera from the internet
a hanky
some mute pencils and orange peel
and the book in which I record my new blue tootsie-wootsie
stencil in it meeting you, the altered beauty
we fit together 
everyone fits in the fiefdom




No comments: