Friday, April 14, 2017

Poem: Stuck Here

Stuck Here


hold me back, Matilda 
a bud may get awfully bothered by sounds like this
this was pulled against a classic hero
with piney  outcome
they lulled the old sprout
now here's:
schools of herring and birds harmonizing
plantation chairs filigree  striking wicker 
gold lame' curtains folded for pungent mystery
tiny cups of yogurt in
a pressurized court yard people can greet in
they're getting:
enshrined sweetened whole grains in bubbly glasss bowls
I never saw anything like it
nondairy creamer
aerator making bubbles size of bowling balls
I barely just came into the place and a person 
sits on my lap 
jumps up and down
folds the yard long  balloon into a dachsund 
I would like to escape from this excess of kindness 
Possible
but it isn't possible 
the sound of organized compulsions gets hypnotic
once the curse is set
 there is no going home to the uncles 

No comments: