Friday, August 16, 2019

Flash fiction past. Not true at all. Fictional. Nonsense.

Flashbacks of Squares
You don't know who I am, the name I'm using is BS because my real one is dog shit, but I was a regular on the Hollywood Squares for a lucky seasonal run, not long after the Mi Lai massacre, which everyone got on the news along with their game shows. The late Wally Cox had a crush on me at the time, and I lost my spot because of quiz politics and the casting couch. That was the last time I was on television.

People were still wearing novelty sombreros and rustic straw sun hats with loose hanging reeds. Hawaiian shirts were popular then. We were important to the travel and leisure business. People saw themselves in us. Being a Hollywood Square was one of nine incarnations of Jesus in a neon light frame. I was the fright wig and sequin guiding light.

People have to confess to someone, for some thing. This is about lassitude. Alienation went out of style with modern mental health intervention, jeez you can't even look fucked up without a do-gooder turning you into the Psyche Brigade. I haven't done anything in decades. Nothing that distinguishes peon A from serf B. That's why I have this logorhea.  No ass, just thoughts.  Seems everyone is paralyzed and moaning. Me too. Moan with me. Let's dance.

No comments: