Sunday, May 19, 2013

I favor low cost socialized medicine, like civilized techno-dudes

My sermon for today has to do with two useless parts of the anatomy: The coccyx and the uvula. The former is the tiny vestige of a tail at the base of the spine, and is part of the butt. In people, it serves no purpose, and though it is part of the spine, you can break it, as in during a fall down the side of a ravine, and not need medical treatment. That's how useless your coccyx is. I broke mine, likewise, in a hiking accident, on a rock, in the process of falling, a long time ago. It hurt lots, but aside from hurting, it had no effect, unless you care that it lists slightly to the left since the accident. Then there is the uvula.

It's the comical looking thing that hangs in the back of the throat, visible if you open your mouth real wide while looking in the mirror. It resembles a red punching back, and can swing back and forth like a metronome, which is among reasons why people seem to think the uvula is funny. But at the moment, I'm am denying. In a classic example of time referenced philosophical method. Like Husserl, for crhisake. I am not agreeing the uvula is funny.

Well, I woke this morning with a sore throat, checked it in the mirror with the flashlight, and was alarmed to see what looked like an infected uvula. I'm not wasting time and money taking my inflamed uvula to the doctor, because I don't have medical coverage, and can wait a few days to find out if I'm terminally ill or mildy uncomfortable. But I just needed to share that that useless organ reminded me of having no medical coverage, and that it's clear as mud what happens when Obamacare kicks in, in about seven months. I'm in fear I'll be taxed heavily in exchange for no service. Does anyone know if the upcoming tax will cover medical expense, like insurance, or will uninsured patients simply be taxed and given no medical coverage? If only my uvula could provide the answer.

No comments: