Thursday, February 5, 2015

Day Three of the Week Long Guit Smash

Wiki, wiki, wiki, dear readers!   There is performance art in progress here at Chez Reisner.   I am video recording the destruction of my worst guitar.  This is a protracted ritualistic production, happening over a week, and a real acoustic guitar is being broken to splinters, gradually, as I demonstrate my knife throwing techniques and show off my extensive collection of knives.  A knife collection can be wonderful, and mine is.  I knew the first time I saw a professional knife throwing act that I was supposed to be a professional knife thrower.

And, the meaning of this, you ask?   Why this?  The Guit Smash.  In my humble living room.  Wiki, wiki.  I hope to improve as a guitar player, and wish to destroy my worst guitar so to better my chances.  Too, the object of destruction was damaged last year in a freak drinking accident, and is not worth having repaired.  Thus, it is giving itself up for the arts.  It's last act is to teach and to entertain.

So far, I learned that it is easier to stick the knives into the front of the guitar than the back.  It's back is made of hard mahogony wood, and is arched outward, to give it much greater resistance to stabbing.   So if you wish to destroy one, you should attack from the front.  Conversely, it helps to be resistant to back stabbing.  I am reminded of all the rumor mongering and trash talking that happens everywhere, most often in some crappy office downtown, where all people do is stab each other in the back, with words.  The Guit Smash is a ritual geared to liberate the human element from social repression.   So groove.  Wiki, wiki.  Groove.



No comments: