Friday, June 16, 2017

Fucking Sage Bullshit

Branding and the American Identity Crisis


Fuck, fuck, fuck, you've heard of it in one dialect or other.  The Identity Movement. 

I'm not one of those stupid fascist pricks who demand recognition as Ubermensch.  I'm humble and generic.  Unlike me:  There are white supremicist groups like the KKK, Nazis of all genre, Daughters of the American Revolution, and white trash everywhere, and all may agree they are entitled to and have been fucked out of an identity.  I'm not into that shit, and I'm not pro-Trump, so don't bust a zit over party affiliation. I am sharing an idea.  Maria Fucking Montessori her fucking self would have smiled at this  wee act of self expression.  I have a motherfucking little thought.

I'm in pale-faced, anemic sympathy with a view that affirmative action has marginalized low earning non minority men.   Political agendas such as feminism has come at the cost of men who didn't beat their wife.   Agendas favoring minority groups has had a toxic effect on people who are excluded from them. Again, Trump and his pals can go play in the traffic, but Trump's concept of branding may provide individuals a substitute for the sense of self that social politics has destroyed.  Don't be a white supremecist.  Be a name brand on the goods and services you provide in a free market economy.

  Sure, it's like saying, "I'm not a man, I'm an Amana freezer."  But it's more like saying, "I'm Bruce Fucking Reisner and my identity is in the brand of shit I produce.  I'm cool, my widgets and services are cool.   When you buy a Reisner widget, you help cement my identity.  All five foot ten, one hundred forty pounds of it.   An American is their brand of stuff.  We are what we do.  How we became Americans, is, at this point, not worth sweating.

No comments: