Saturday, June 3, 2017

Modern Mythologies

Fuck Odysseus.   Fuck the rest of Greek and Roman mythology, too.   Old.   Trite.  How the fuck are people supposed to relate to ancient garbage, when shit none of it currently resides with us in our condos and homeless shelters?   I'm a modernizing ass motherfucker, and I aims to update myth.

 Like the myth of the horse whisperer.  It was the title of a popular book, but, worse, it's  become a meme for people who are more sensitive and intuitive than ordinary boors and slaves.  As the name implies, horses feel better about themselves and are more cooperative when the limpid, pulchritudinous  horse whisperer whispers to it his/her intuitive genius for making horses feel good inside.  Exactly what the bastards say to the horses is private, hence whispering, but it must be something fucking prophetic on the part of that horse-whispering POS.  Great for horses, I suppose, not calculating any hardship this poses for people who don't have extra-normal  relationships with animals.   It makes it seem like the general run of cowboys are a bunch of stupid, rotten pricks.

I don't hate horse whisperers, I am dismayed that people are responsive to this stupidity.   There is always demand, in society, for people with special talents, like sword swallowing or yodeling.  Please, though, don't bother convincing me it makes greater sense to swallow swords or yodel than it does to get drunk and then laid. 

 So far, I never met a horse whisperer I would care to keep as a friend.  You can't walk into a bar with one without some asshole reminding you that your friend talks to horses, and you don't.  I don't even have a fucking horse!

No comments: