Thursday, June 22, 2017

I'm a writer, too, you swine

I wish I was a lesbian.  If, and then, I'd partner up with significant others, write about experiences, and  share it with my women's writing group. 

I'm a guy, and there aren't any men's writing groups.  The only thing secondary to a women's studies program is both genders (both and more) simpering and bickering in a mixed writer's workshop.  As the plot worsens, I'm hetero.   

Gay men also don't care if I jump off the Tenth Street Bridge.   I could write about how the Pittsburgh gay community is doing a bang up job of squeezing people like me out of the big picture.  A pervasive no-fraternizing policy is clearly in place.   For those of us who call ourselves 'poets,' it's like dealing with a hostile and discriminatory environment, as defined in affirmative action guidelines.

There are some activists on the political right barking, on the Web, of 'white genocide.'   Icky, I shall concur, but it's not completely BS.  There are agendas at large to harm male milk-heads.  Sounds crazy.  So does bipolar illness.   It exists and it's pernicious.  There is a formal agenda, at large, to establish the importance of women writers, and I sure as fuck don't begrudge this.  Wish they would share the glory.   They think all white (and off-white) men are assholes.    Many are.  But consider the lily-white politically correct horse-whispering types who are supportive of feminist goals.  Try not to fuck us good guys over. 

 I don't wish to repeal  the feminist-gained  right to vote.  Some honky breeder stud-cakes  actually want to engage in positive social interaction, also business relationships, among people of all preferences and genders, all six or eight of them, now that 'transgender' means polymorphous more so than yesteryear.  There is advocacy for people who used to be men.  It would be real sweet if there was advocacy for guys who still are.  Poets.  In a hostile shit-storm of gender politics. 

No comments: