Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Food Envy

I should be more mature than this.  Not.   I had heard on the news the President had had fillet mignon and caviar for dinner one evening, , either before or after performing  something dictatorial towards the lower social classes, details escape me, and it must have been fun.   Dropping bad news on the serfs, maybe a round of golf, drone strike a foe, and then chow down on some damn good eats.  I'm a more modest soul.  No caviar.

I had food envy, so I bought two fillets of something at Aldi's.  They come in an oyster case sealed like Fort Knox for meat.   It said 'fillet' on the package.  Didn't say 'mignon.'   Had bacon wrapping.  Looked real. Don't think it was.  I'm eating both now, or rather, I'm on the second one.  It isn't bad, but is remarkably tough for a rare delicacy.  I'm rating the flavor not bad, but not grand, for all the pretense.  In fact, it's no better than a good burger.  A truly great burger is better than this.   I'm not sure it was beef.   Might have lost at the Kentucky Derby.   There were marks on it from where the jockey was kicking it.  Old joke.  There is worse news than the food.

The food envy resulted in remorse.  I feel shitty for having done something because the President did it.   That's dipshit.    Will get over it.


No comments: