Sunday, January 14, 2024

I am providing a Sunday Sermon. A shitty one.

 The European Enlightenment fizzled out in the United States, like a wet firecracker.  It was we who fizzled it.  Well, shit, maybe our forebears.  Maybe modern people had, passively, their thumbs up their ass while people around them devolved into stupid, unprincipled crapola.   People are out of their element through no fault of their own.  Forced to work for telemarketing firms and food service holes, people become their jobs.  They become shitty.    In the 1950s the narative, the book title, The Ugly American defined Americans as rude, inconsiderate, abusive, narcissistic, greedy, duplicitous, cowardly and willfully cruel.  They are.   And I am one.   Sorry, folks.   I feel disgusting.  I feel at one with a collective revulsion for self and society.  Join me.  It is sunny, freezing outside, like a witches mammary gland, like Satan's wife's best friend.  Happy Sunday.  Who cares how fucked up things are.   Join me in rejoicing:  Far Fucking Out.

No comments: