Sunday, March 6, 2016

Current Events Blow-out

Boring, boring, and with enough merit to half-fill Thumbellina's extra small styrofoam cup, I have been having wispy afterthoughts about the O.J. Simpson scandal of early 90s,  I already beefed about the latest mini series on pay television, bad acting, not needed, there's enough info on youtube to fill your heart.   Enough trash media is as good as feast of it.  If the mainstream media needs to make money off popular news and information, they should try to find something more relevant.  Like ordinary people getting tasered and beaten.  Or a food show.  Very few people get a dream team of lawyers to help them out of very serious trouble.  Virtually no court cases are likely to proceed like O.J.'s any time soon.  There's almost no danger of a super-jock stabbing you to death.  In the mildest of contradictions,  there's no harm in taking a niggling interest.  Something popped up in the popular media last week, and it tickled my fancy.

So the news articles were saying, someone came forward with a knife that was taken from the 'scene.'  Articles speculated the chance that the mystery blade is the murder weapon, which, per the news, has never been found.  My chunk of thinking is that there were a few news items not long after the trial about someone, unnamed then and now, who had possession of a Kissing Crane brand stiletto. My guess is that it isn't the weapon of note. I'm betting,if it's what I think it is, a law enforcement personage stole it from the scene, because Kissing Crane brand stilettos look cool, and make a groovy souvenir.  The reason I remember the news crap from way long ago is because I like that kind of knife, royally.  They're royal fun to play with when you're watching television, or posing in the mirror rehearsing invectives. If it was the murder weapon, I think the police would have chucked the knife into the big bag of evidence, and someone stole the knife knowing it had no relevance to the case.

Another reason I noticed the news articles, then as now, is that I have a lovely knife collection, I adore it the way stamp collectors like to put stamps in their little albums, There's a notable problem in the knife collecting biz, which is common theft.  Of all the things ordinary, slightly crooked people steal for kicks, very cool looking knives are primo, along with jewelry and super hip looking ash trays.  The problem that cropped up in my cheesy court proceedings is that I've had a few blades ripped off during a social event, such as an ordinary beer gathering.  If you interview a quorum of happy knife collectors, you will hear similar beefs and griefs.  Assuming I'm not in need of a big thorazine, a cop stole a souvenir, and the moon still rises and sets.  As for the whole ball of wax, the trial, the aftermath, it's like the Titanic.  It sunk, and your chances of being harmed by an iceberg are very slim.   My recommendation is to not worry about this crap.  Have fun with it.




  

No comments: